Community Involvement


 

Community Matters with Team Christianson

 

Proud supporters of:

 

 

 

 

Terry and his Team put their 'Money where the Miracles are.'


 

 

Pets Matter too!

 

 


Neighbourhood History


History of Bridgwater Forest

Home

Bridgwater Forest was part of the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry (incorporated in 1912) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

This area was formerly known as Waverley West and is located south of Bishop Grandin Boulevard and north of the Perimeter Highway between Waverley Street (east) and Brady Road (west). The City of Winnipeg, recognizing a need for new housing, entered into a 20-year agreement with the Province of Manitoba (which owned a significant amount of the land) to develop building lots for residential construction. An estimated 11,000 new houses, apartments and complexes will be built through a series of phased developments:

· Phase One - Area A is now being developed and is known as Bridgwater Forest (Neighbourhood 5.68)

· Phase Two - Area B is undeveloped and is known as Waverley West B (Neighbourhood 5.681)

· Phase Three- Area C is now being developed and is known as South Pointe (Neighbourhood 5.682)

· Phase Four - Area D is undeveloped and is known as Waverley West D (Neighbourhood 5.683)

· Phase Five - Area E is now being developed and is known as Bridgwater Trails (Neighbourhood 5.684)

- Phase Six - Area F is now being developed and is known as Bridgwater Lakes (Neighbourhood 5.685)

· Phase Seven - is now being developed and is known as Bridgwater Centre (Neighbourhood 5.686)

One of first area's to be developed is Bridgwater Forest which includes trails, forest and a lake. The 28-hectare development includes condominiums and single-family detached homes.

 

Neighbourhood History


History of South Pointe

Home

South Pointe was part of the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry (incorporated in 1912) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

This area was formerly known as Waverley West and is located south of Bishop Grandin Boulevard and north of the Perimeter Highway between Waverley Street (east) and Brady Road (west). The City of Winnipeg, recognizing a need for new housing, entered into a 20-year agreement with the Province of Manitoba (which owned a significant amount of the land) to develop building lots for residential construction. An estimated 11,000 new houses, apartments and complexes will be built through a series of phased developments:

· Phase One - Area A is now being developed and is known as Bridgwater Forest (Neighbourhood 5.68)

· Phase Two - Area B is undeveloped and is known as Waverley West B (Neighbourhood 5.681)

· Phase Three- Area C is now being developed and is known as South Pointe (Neighbourhood 5.682)

· Phase Four - Area D is undeveloped and is known as Waverley West D (Neighbourhood 5.683)

· Phase Five - Area E is now being developed and is known as Bridgwater Trails (Neighbourhood 5.684)

- Phase Six - Area F is now being developed and is known as Bridgwater Lakes (Neighbourhood 5.685)

· Phase Seven - is now being developed and is known as Bridgwater Centre (Neighbourhood 5.686)

South Pointe, the Ladco Company Limited residential development, includes parks, trails, commercial property and approximately 2,000 homes (link: http://www.ladco.mb.ca/southpointe.html).

 

Fort Richmond


 

History of Fort Richmond

Home
Heritage Resources

Fort Richmond was part of the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry (incorporated in 1912) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

This neighbourhood is located just south of the University of Manitoba campus. It boasts a home built in the 1890s and the 1910s, as well as a handful of residential structures dating from the 1920-1940 period. However, most of the single family dwellings in the northern portion date to the 1960s and the 1970s in the south.

The neighbourhood includes King's Park, a large greenspace located in the inner bend of the Red River.


Richmond West


History of Richmond West

Home

Richmond West was part of the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry (incorporated in 1912) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

The development of the residential component of this neighbourhood occurred earlier in the south, most of the housing dating to the 1980s with some construction in the 1990s. In the north, single family dwellings occurred in the late 1990s and the majority in the early 2000s. Commercial and multi-tenant development is located along Pembina Highway and there is some industrial property along the neighbourhood's southern border ( Perimeter Highway ).


Foer Gary


History of West Fort Garry Industrial

Home

West Fort Garry Industrial was part of the Rural Municipality of Fort Garry (incorporated in 1912) when it became part of the City of Winnipeg which came into legal existence on January 1, 1972.

West Fort Garry Industrial is comprised mainly of retail development and office buildings. The Winnipeg Technical College and the Southridge Business Park are also located in this neighbourhood.


Neighborhood Information


Service Unavailable
 
No zip code was provided.

 

 

 


Point2 Website Design by Get A Grip Audio & Website Solutions 

 

Privacy Policy  |  Site Map  |  Profile  |  Sign In

Choose language:



Real Estate Website powered by Point2
Point2 Homes Winnipeg
©2008-2017 RE/MAX professionals